Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You Are Not Alone

There are times when we can be in a crowd and still feel lonely. There are times when we feel totally unnoticed and wish there was someone who understood who we really are and our heart. Sometimes it can feel like the whole world is against us. But this perception that we feel, is it really true?

During the time of Elisha, the kings of Aram and Israel were at war. But because God told Elisha where the Aramaens were, and Elisha told the king of Israel, the Israelites were always winning. The king of Aram decided to take action against Elisha and went and surrounded Elisha and when he woke up, he was surrounded by a huge army. Let us read the following verses to see what happened.
2 Kings 6:15-17
When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. "Oh, my lord, what shall we do?" the servant asked.
"Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."
And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Here we see that the Lord knew the situation that Elisha was, and Elisha had the confidence that he was not alone even when in the natural it seemed so.

The new testament also shows us that we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. We are not insignificant or alone - we are more than noticed by the God and even a great cloud of witnesses, the heroes of faith!
Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.


Are you feeling alone against the whole world? Be confident that the Lord is with you just like He was with Elisha! Rest in the promise that our God will never leave you nor forsake you and is with you to the ends of the earth.
Psalm 27:1-3
The LORD is my light and my salvation—
&nbsp &nbsp whom shall I fear?
&nbsp &nbsp The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
&nbsp &nbsp of whom shall I be afraid?
When evil men advance against me
&nbsp &nbsp to devour my flesh,
&nbsp &nbsp when my enemies and my foes attack me,
&nbsp &nbsp they will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
&nbsp &nbsp my heart will not fear;
&nbsp &nbsp though war break out against me,
&nbsp &nbsp even then will I be confident.

No comments: